Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Method 9, December 2, 2009

Step 9 is about Chat and Instant Messaging. I enjoy chatting on my Yahoo email account and on the Yahoo book group of which I am a member. That one in particular is fun because you have all these members typing fast and furiously and messages not always coming in sequence. But it is fun. Better type fast and stay attentive, is my advice based on experience. It's always easier when there are just two involved, but for a group, it keeps you attentive so that you can keep up with the flow.

I just finished chatting with a good friend on my Yahoo email account. Didn't get to chat on the TSL MeeboMe. It showed "offline" so I posted, but haven't received an answer yet. Can't wait to get a reply and test it. I like that idea of embedding a Meebo widget into the library page so patrons can get help right away. Good idea!

Although my school's library doesn't offer chat/IM presently, it is something I hope to establish in the near future.

No comments:

Post a Comment