Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Method 11, December 8, 2009

The Wide World of Podcasting was quite informative and immediately set me to thinking about how I can utilize podcasts in my elementary school library program: for student book reviews (especially for those students who hate to write book reports) . I can also use this as another way to promote reading for the Texas BlueBonnet Award books that must be read in order for students to vote for their favorite. I mentioned podcast book reviews to my 2nd graders today and their eyes lit up and I got bombarded with 10-15 questions simultaneously. I guess they like the idea.


I browsed the Texas Music Matters list of podcasts and listened to Hugh Masekela's "He Lese Le Di Khanna". Nice. Then I browsed Educational Podcast Directory and listened to sevral elementary student podcasts of 1st graders Banyan Audiobooks. They were cute---reviews of books the students had written themselves. One 1st grader even had a dedication page! Smart kid. He knows his book parts. :-)

So as for whether podcasts are useful to me: yes! Will I begin using them: yes!

No comments:

Post a Comment