Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Method 10, December 2, 2009

Step 10, This Wiki World, was quite informative and a great help to me in formulating ideas for my school's library. We do not yet have a school website (yeah--hard for me to believe also when I started working there in August), and trying to develop ways to publicize the library's programs, events, successes, etc. was bugging me. But the discovery activities fueled my fire and I am ready to get down with wikis! Easier than a developing and being responsible for a website plus I can link it if the school's website is ever developed.

Through the discovery activity, I also found some new blogs (Teri Lescene's is one I will add to my RSS feeds---love her) and learned how to edit a wiki. I believe this will be very useful in getting my elementary school students to become excited about writing book reviews. They enjoy the student reviews that they see on Reading Rainbow, so now they will be able to do the same---but on a wiki! Exciting.

It will also be good for feedback on Texas Bluebonnet books---especially the shorter ones that I read to classes.

No comments:

Post a Comment