Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Method 12, December 8, 2009

I MADE IT!! I am so proud of myself and very happy about this Web 2.0 experience. My favorite experiences were (1) setting up and maintaining the blog, (2) learning about wikis (not as difficult as I imagined), (3) social networking uses in the library (imagine--I've been a Facebook user for about 6 months and never imagined I was part of a social network; I was just having fun), and (4) learning about Delicious (funny, that's what I've been doing for several years when I write reviews for my books on Shelfari, or reviews of books I've purchased with Amazon). I was already utilizing aspects of Web 2.0 and didn't know until I started this course.

A Dozen Ways to Two-Step has truly gotten my creative juices flowing and I can't wait to implement my ideas using all of this knowledge. I feel that it also helped me to see that at age 61, I still have much to learn and and am willing to put myself into the mix and advance my skills. It's all about the children and bringing the school library into the 21st century by using Web 2.0.

What surprised me was how easy it was for me to read, view, and produce. I suspect it's because (as I said previously) I have been using aspects of Web 2.0 in my personal uses so I was able to transfer that knowledge and extend it to my profession.

I don't know that I can think of any ways to improve this discovery program, however of one thing I am sure: if you offer other online programs like this in the future, I want to be a part of that class. Thank you again for this wonderful opportunity.

No comments:

Post a Comment